IT Directors Community of Practice
AIHEC hosts a Community of Practice focusing on campus technology.
The AIHEC Cyberinfrastructure (CI) Team hosts the TCU IT Directors Community of Practice (CoP) meeting every three weeks to discuss and explore campus technology issues. The IT Directors CoP has these primary objectives:
- Establish and maintain a supportive collegial space involving all TCU IT directors and staff
- Share best and promising practices
- Facilitate collaborative problem-solving to address common IT challenges
- Provide access to expert advice from AIHEC consultants and others within the national CI community
- Promote a common understanding of technology issues impacting the entire TCU community
Topics of discussion have included:
- Professional development opportunities with Cisco Academy
- Broadband access on Tribal lands
- Cybersecurity: policies and practices for managing vulnerabilities
- Cyberinfrastructure strategic planning
- IT funding opportunities
- COVID-19 Pandemic / CARES Act Relief Funding / distance learning platforms
- Exploration of a model for sharing a database administrator across multiple TCUs
- New classroom technologies
The TCU IT Directors Community of Practice meets every third week on Wednesdays at 2pm CT.
Please contact Alex Grandon for an invitation to join.